Arms & Badges - Arms of Past and Present Lieutenant Governors of Prince Edward Island
|Armorial of those Provincial Lieutenant Governors of Prince Edward Island who bore lawfully Granted Arms from the Canadian Heraldic Authority|
Coat of Arms of the province of Prince Edward Island
|Click on the arms presented below to view a larger image of the same and its blazon if available. Click on their name to view their biographies.|
|The Hon. Harry Franklin Lewis
H. Frank Lewis is a life-long resident of York, Prince Edward Island, where many of his ancestors settled, some as early as 1812. Mr. Lewis had a lengthy career in business including several successful entrepreneurial ventures, notably in tourism, and is most widely known as a broadcasting industry executive with a career that began in 1966.
|The Hon. Barbara A. Hagerman
The Honourable Barbara A. Hagerman is the fortieth Lieutenant Governor of the Province of Prince Edward Island since the creation of the colony in 1769 and the twenty-seventh since Confederation. The installation ceremony was held on July 31, 2006.
|2006 - 2011|
|The Hon. J. Léonce Bernard, OPEI
The Honourable J. Léonce Bernard is the thirty-ninth Lieutenant Governor of the Province since the creation of the colony in 1769 and the twenty-sixth since Confederation. He was installed as Lieutenant Governor on May 28, 2001.
|2001 - 2006|
|The Hon. Gilbert Ralph Clements
Mr. Clements was Chair of the Canadian Council of Environment Ministers on two separate occasions. In October of 1996 Mr. Clements was invested as a Knight of Justice in the Order of St. John at an Investiture Ceremony at the Notre Dame Basilica, Ottawa and served as Vice Prior for the Province of Prince Edward Island.
|1995 - 2001|
|The Hon. Marion Loretta Reid, CM, OPEI
Mrs Marion Loretta Reid was the thirty-seventh Lieutenant Governor of Prince Edward Island since the creation of the Colony in 1763. Mrs Reid was also the first female to hold this position on Prince Edward Island. Mrs. Reid was invested as a Dame of Grace in the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem in Ottawa on 26 October 1990.
|1990 - 1995|
|The Hon. Robert Lloyd George MacPhail*, CM
Lloyd MacPhail the thirty-sixth Lieutenant Governor of Prince Edward Island since the creation of the Colony in 1763. Mr. MacPhail was born on 22 March 1920 in New Haven, Prince Edward Island, the son of Robert Archibald MacPhail and Catherine C. MacLean. For fourteen years, he was a Director of both the Provincial Exhibition Association and of the Charlottetown Driving Park.
|1985 - 1990|