Heraldry Proficiency Program - Registration and Fees
You must register for the examination and pay the approved fees before you are enrolled in the Heraldry Proficiency Courses. The three courses are to be taken sequentially. There are no examination waivers for prior study or equivalencies provided for individuals who have completed other heraldic courses. All new applicants should register first for the Level 1 Proficiency Course and Examination.
Fees and Instructions
The fees for the various Heraldry Proficiency Courses are as follows. Please note that there is a significant differential in the registration fee for Society members and non-members.
|Fees||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
The fees include the cost of the examination and the certificate of completion, but do not include the cost of textbooks, any fee charged by the examination invigilator or the cost of other materials the student may require. These are the responsibility of the student. The Society provides some study materials at no cost to the student and some RHSC publications are available for purchase from the Society at a discount for those signed up for the course. See the References sections found in both Level 1 and Level 2.
Examination Registration & Payment Procedure
[A] On-line Registration
- Step 1: Complete the online Registration Form below and click on the button labeled "Step 1: Submit your Registration". This will bring up the Registration Security Page.
- Step 2: On the Registration Security pagte, enter the four-digit random security number in the boxes as indicated on the page. Again, click on button labeled "Step 2: Submit Security Code".
- Step 3: On the first page of the Payment Form, indicate the appropriate fee as an "Add to Cart" item in the Paypal column.
- Step 4: On the "Your Shopping Cart" page (this is generated by Paypal), check that the amount you have entered is correct. If not, click on "Update Cart" to correct it. If correct, click on the button labeled "Proceed to Check-out"
- Step 5: On the "Pay with Credit Card" page, fill in the required credit card information. If you already have a Paypal account, you may log in instead. Click on "Review order and continue".
- Step 6: On the "Review your Payment" page, click on "Pay now".
[B] Mail Registration
- Step 1: Fill in the registration form on-line and print it out by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page labeled "Alternatively: Print This Registration Page".
- Step 2: Mail it to the Society's PO Box Address available below. Payment must be in Canadian funds regardless of location of the paying bank.
|Postal Address:||Royal Heraldry Society of Canada
Heraldry Proficiency Examination
P.O. Box 8128
Ottawa, ON K1G 3H9
When the National Office receives both the completed registration form and fees, confirmation of registration will be forwarded to both the student and the Chief Examiner. You will receive an examination number directly from the Chief examiner. Arrangements for an examination date, location and invigilator (if required) should be made directly with the Chief Examiner at least 30 days prior to the date of the proposed examination. See under Examinations for details of the examination process.
Scroll down for Registration Form
|Step 1: Registration on-line Form|
In order to register for an examination, please complete the registration form below and either submit it on-line with payment by credit-card via PayPal, or mail it to the RHSC address along with your cheque as outlined above.